Thursday, October 1, 2009

Physical Prototype Personal Medical Diagnostic Tool


I created several prototypes of my previously proposed Personal Medical Diagnostic Tool. I used the prototypes to gain an understanding of common every day usage and how this would be relevant for personal and community health. My most interesting discovery was that I commonly was pressing the "Mark" button to record an event of when I had a pain, slight headache, or stomach discomfort.

In my testing, it seems that this device would open up a new area of health care evaluation and treatment. In recording the diagnostics at the time of my "Mark" event, this information could be evaluated by my device or by a physician in order to correlate the data with known pathology etc. or with previously marked events.

It also was comforting to know that if anything went wrong, or started to go wrong but would go unnoticed by me, the Personal Health Diagnostic Tool would alert me to this information.

I also prototyped a system of interconnected proteins or nano-structures that would communicate to the device.

I will continue to conduct more studies and play around with the prototype. Will report back soon...